Friday, May 14, 2010

All About Edward



It has come to my attention that I haven't blogged very much about Edward, so I wanted to record some things about him!

His 4 month check-up was this last week. He weighs 14 lbs 5 ounces and is 24 in tall. This puts him in the 30th percentile for weight and the 12th for height. I have to say that I was surprised about his weight percentile, he seems like such a chunk to me! But, I guess if you look at weight compared to height, he is a chunk. The doctor said that he looks healthy and well! He has super dry skin, but that's not a huge concern.



Some other things about him:

He is a very happy baby. He loves to smile and giggle and coo. The past few days he has started laughing hysterically at me while I'm getting him in his pajamas. I don't know what he's finding funny, but it's pretty awesome.

Edward loves toys. Emily didn't have much interest in toys until she was much older, but Edward will play with anything he can get a grip on! Which isn't much since his hands are still small. He enjoys playing with Emily's Tigger & Pooh figurines. They are the perfect size for his hands and she's pretty good about sharing them!

He refuses to nurse. It's something I have very mixed feelings about, but am liking it less and less. I really think that nursing is so healthy for both Mom and baby....oh well. He would nurse at night for a while, but now he just refuses. It could be because he is very serious about his food. He wants to eat as much as possible, as quickly as possible.

He is mostly over wanting to be held all the time. Like I said earlier, he's just a really happy baby. He enjoys sitting in his bouncer and watching me work or watching his sister play. He just needs to know that someone is paying attention to him!

He is such a good baby and he makes all our days brighter!

No comments: