Tuesday, July 3, 2012

New Table!

Recently, our kitchen table has become very small. There was not room to really set any food on it and there definitely was not going to be space for William, once he got old enough to sit at the table. We have been discussing what type and size of table we would like to have, but were not actually planning to purchase one right now. However, for some reason, that I have yet to understand, Jacob enjoys looking at Craigslist. In his wanderings, he came across this:


Let's just say that the seller was definitely not looking to get their money back for what they spent. It was way less expensive than it should have been! So, Jacob called and woke my brother up and they promptly drove out to Scottsdale to buy it.

We got this table cloth as a wedding gift and never even opened it because it was way too big for our table. So, after 6 years of sitting in closets, our tablecloth can be used!


Most of the time though, it looks like this:


It is actually way too big for our space, so we haved it pushed up against the wall. We are also still deciding what to do about the white upholstered chairs. I figure we can either cover them in plastic or just let the kids stain them and have them re-upholstered later. I haven't decided which yet, so we are still using our old chairs for now.

I also still have our old table sitting in the middle of the kitchen, trying to decide what to do with it. I want to keep it around as a craft table for preschool and at the moment it is working fabulously as a makeshift island. It does take up a lot of space though and looks a little funny sitting in the middle of the kitchen.

We also purchased this with the table, again for way less than it should have cost:


My china is no longer in boxes in the garage! It has a home! I am going to have to find a reason to have a fancy dinner now.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I've never used my china! It's been through 4 moves with us, and has never left the box it was originally packed up in!