Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Smarty Pants

Just a few minutes ago, I was sitting on the floor, putting a cd in the blue-ray player. I was holding the 'Muppet Show' dvd that had been in there. Edward walked up and pointed to the 'O' and said, "Look Mom! O!" My thought was, 'I'm pretty sure he doesn't know what the letter O is, so I wonder what he's talking about'. Then, he walks over to the TV and points to the 'O' in Vizio and says, "O! They match!" I have no idea how he learned that. The kid is a genius. It was also generally decided, while we were in Henderson, that he knows more about iPods than many adults. The kid can't even read, but he can figure out which button says 'Play' and how to play the game. Give him an iPod and he will play happily for hours with no help or instructions. He is already too smart for me!

For a quick update on the rest of the family, we are all still sick and getting sicker. Eddie seems to be completely fine. Apparently pneumonia is no big deal for him. I am finally starting to feel a little better from my cold, but William is still pretty miserable. Emily went to the doctor yesterday and we found out that she has Hand, Foot and Mouth Disease. It is the strangest thing. She has blistery looking rashes that move all over her body and only last a few minutes. This morning, she has started complaining that they hurt. The doctor said that her body is fighting it off really well because she hasn't had a fever and doesn't seem to be in too much pain! Hopefully it will go away soon and not spread to the boys. I've had all the illness I can take.

No comments: