Wednesday, July 11, 2012

A Momentous Occasion

Are you ready for it? I had a day, where everything went the way I wanted it to! As a mom, this truly is a momentous occasion.

I decided that I was tired of just sitting around the house all day, so I told the kids that if they got their chores done, I would take them to a splash pad. Since they have never been to one and don't really know what it is, I figured this wouldn't be a huge incentive. They completely shocked me by getting their chores done, and done well, before 8 am. There have been several days recently when they have worked clear until lunch time or just not gotten them done at all, so this was a huge relief! We had a fun morning play games, reading stories and then they watched a movie together while I got my chores done.

As soon as we were done with lunch, Emily announced that she was tired and wanted to have a nap. WHAT?! Are you serious?! And she did! All 3 children had naps at the same time. It was amazing. The one downer to the day was that I did not get a nap. Right after they went down, I was working on the computer for a minute and discovered some chairs for sale on Craigslist that were perfect for preschool. So, I spent my nap time texting with Jacob and the owner of the chairs to organize the purchase and pick-up. Jacob ended up going to get them on his way home from work and they are perfect!

As soon as he got home, we headed out for the splash pad.

It only took Emily a few minutes to get out there and then she was loving it.


Edward, however, was less sure about this plan. It took him a good 10 minutes to go from this...


...to this....


...and finally this.


In the end, they both enjoyed themselves greatly and Jacob and I enjoyed just relaxing and watching them play. William stayed asleep in the stroller and probably didn't even notice that we left home.

After we were done, we stopped by Gymboree to see if they had anything in their huge sale that I wanted. We ended up finding some sunglasses for Emily, since she has been wearing the same ones since she was 18 months old.

She is loving them!


To end our wonderful day, we had crepes for dinner. I was even smart enough to make the batter before we left, so I just had to cook them when we got home. We filled them with berries and then for dessert...we had the same thing except with chocolate syrup on top. I love it when dinner and dessert are the same thing. It doesn't happen often enough.

And, just because I haven't put one on here for a while, a picture of William, with as much of a smile as I ever get. Smiles are only for Dad apparently.




2 comments:

Amy said...

Wow, that DOES sound like an awesome day! Way to go!

Jessica Biscuit said...

Hooray! That sounds like a fantastic day! Good thing you wrote it down. Those days are like 4-leaf clovers!