Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Monster Boy


Last Saturday marked 2 months since William has joined our family. It is amazing how quickly they find their place. The horrors of pregnancy have been forgotten (almost) and I can't imagine our family without him. He is such a happy baby and has even granted Mom with a few smiles in the past few days.

Yesterday was his 2 month check-up and as I suspected, he is a monster. He is 10 1/2 pounds and 23 inches long. That puts him in the 70th percentile for both height and weight. He has already outgrown his 0-3 month clothes and the great big box of Costco diapers we bought that is no where near gone. Go figure.

He was not loving the shots at all this time. He screamed and held his breath for as long as he could when he got them and later in the day was quite grouchy. He really didn't like being jostled at all. Mom was expected to hold him perfectly still and then he would calm down (sometimes). He is in a much better mood today though!

Last week, he slept through the night 2 nights in a row, from 10-5! Hopefully that will continue! The last 2 nights he has been close, but has gotten up between 3 and 4 to eat.

This morning, he went shopping with me while Emily and Edward went to see the Smurf's with Grandma and their aunts. He was very kind and slept through the whole thing. He seemed to very much enjoy the quiet. The poor kid is very sensitive to noise. He should have been a 1st child, because our house is not often quiet!


1 comment:

Jessica Biscuit said...

haha, I love the "just like daddy" picture. :)

you, birthed a monster child? I can hardly believe it...but that's probably because I was only around for Emily and well...she was tiny. =P