When I started this blog, one of my goals was to keep it as upbeat as possible, while still having it reflect my life. Well, sometimes life is just not upbeat and this is just going to have to be one of those posts.
Saturday night I had contractions all night long that were not quite labor, but broke through my Ambien and kept me awake all night. Then, all day Sunday I had contractions that just couldn't seem to decide what they were doing. They were either regular, or painful, but not both. Around 6:30 they suddenly became very regular and very painful. I really didn't want to go into the hospital for false labor, so I decided to wait it out a little. I took some Tylenol, tried walking around, tried laying down. Nothing worked, they were getting more frequent and intense. When they were coming every two minutes and hurt like nothing but labor can, I decided it was time to go to the hospital. By the time we got everything packed up and all of Emily's stuff to the babysitter, they had been coming painfully, every 2 minutes for 2 hours.
But, Murphy's Law struck again, the minute I got to the hospital the pain decreased dramatically. Turns out, all these contractions had done nothing and continued to do nothing (even though they were there) the entire time I was at the hospital. So, they gave me two Percocet and sent me home.
You would think that with two Percocet and Ambien in my system, I would be asleep right now. Nope, yet again, the contractions are painful enough to break through all the medication and keep me awake. Not regular enough to count as labor though. GGGGGGGGGGGGAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! (yes, that is how I feel about it)
The nurse at the hospital said the same thing my doctor told me last week. I'm far enough along that they won't stop me if I go into labor naturally, but they're not going to do anything to help it along.
I'm going to feel so sick in the morning....................Bleck.
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Aah girl! I am so sorry. I hope you feel better and get some sleep!
Prayers are coming your way!!! Hang in there!!
Post a Comment