Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas Day

I must admit, the way things were going I definitely expected to be spending Christmas Day in the hospital. However,  I was blessed to spend the day at home with my family and our little boy got lucky and avoided having a Christmas birthday. Now I'm just hoping for a December birthday. We'll see, everyone keeps telling me that they don't think I'll make it much longer, but I never imagined that I would have made it this long. We will definitely let you all know when he decides to make his appearance!




Christmas day, Jacob and I were awake at 4, with the help of my lovely contractions, and had to sit around waiting for Emily to wake up. A little opposite from the traditional situation. She got up around 6:30 and we started opening presents. She was a little confused at first. Santa Claus left some Tinker Bell figurines just sitting on the couch and she almost seemed to wonder whose toys were at her house. Once she discovered the wrapped gifts, she got right into it. We found though that she is a little OCD. Every single piece of wrapping paper, no matter how small, had to be in the garbage before she would pull off another one. Funny for a few minutes, but very time consuming after a little while.



She got completely spoiled, but loved (and is still loving) every minute of it. She had so many new toys that she didn't know what to do with herself for a little while. She figured it all out pretty quick though. Surprisingly, she has spent time playing with every single one of her presents, including all the books. We're glad that nothing is going unappreciated. It is funny though, that the cheapest toys usually seem to be the most fun. We got her a bag full of random stuff to take care of her doll (bottles, baby food, diaper wipes, combs, all pretend of course) and she thinks they are the best things ever. Really, they're cheap plastic bottles and she spends hours and hours caring for her baby with them.




Jacob and I also had a wonderful Christmas. One of the highlights for me (other than spending time with my family) was the beautiful Nativity Jacob got for me. I collect Nativities, but I have way too many little ones. So, I told Jacob that from now on I either wanted to start collecting pieces to a big one or collecting Nativities from other countries. He chose the get me the center of the Willow Tree Nativity and we will keep collecting every Christmas until I get the whole thing. It is beautiful and I am very excited about it.


It was a wonderful Christmas for us and I hope that all of you enjoyed yours as well! Merry Christmas!


2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It looks like you had a fun Christmas! And good job on keeping that cute little boy (I'm sure he's cute) inside for so long! He'll be nice and strong now whenever he comes!

Kimberly said...

That is crazy about the wrapping paper...Wyatt did the exact same thing. Glad you were able to be home for the day!!