July 7 - Emily: After being told to clean her room: " Do I have to whine with this? Is it hard or not? Because when things are too hard, I whine."
July 17 - Emily:
"Mom, can you come see what I have to pick up in my room?"
Me: "It looks like you have a lot to pick up today."
Emily: "Oh yeah, now I'm gonna whine."
July 23 - Edward: I thought I was so clever, making chore charts with cute little pictures so the kids could remember what they are supposed to do. Eddie just read through his saying, "Brush my teeth, clean my bed, build a castle, make the couch..." Well, some of them worked....
August 9 - Edward:
Even Eddie is starting to catch on:
Me: Are those cards picked up yet?
Eddie: No
Me: If you don't get them picked up soon, you won't have time to go swimming.
Eddie: And then Sis will whine?
August 11: I am the Queen of the Secret Passage, William is the Baby of the Secret Passage, Emily is Princess Flower of the Secret Passage and Edward is Prince Stripey of the Secret Passage. Today, Emily and Edward have ventured into the secret passage (Eddie's closet) to find Eddie's pretend black socks so they could go skiing. His socks were stolen by a bad guy. Emily helped Eddie get them back because she has magic in her hands. She doesn't know where it came from, it just got there.
I was also informed that I am supposed to sit in my chair all day, because that's what Queens do. (Score!)
Welcome to life at my house.
August 15 - Edward: A story from Edward..."Once upon a time, some stuff, amen."
August 26 - Emily:
Emily (to Edward): Goodnight little chubby guy!
Me: I'm not so sure that's the nicest thing to call your brother
Emily: Well, I just called him that anyway, so get over it.
Seriously!? Where does she get this stuff from?
September 1 - Emily: Latest Drama: Daisy and Cuckoo Loca (from Minnie's Bow-Toons, now Emily's imaginary friends) went to the movies and didn't invite Emily. They invited other people, but not her. What if they went to see a scary movie and they thought she wasn't brave enough? Because she's brave. Why didn't they invite her to go?
I seriously thought I had at least 4 more years before I had to deal with this.
My kids crack me up...sometimes....other days I wonder how a 4 year old can have so much attitude!
1 comment:
Clarissa, someday when I have kids, I hope they are every bit as intelligent as your children. And every bit as hilarious. :)
Post a Comment