In my goal to record more of what happens in our every day lives, I wanted to record a few thoughts here.
1. I love Eddie's sense of humor. I think he was supposed to be British. His sense of humor is totally dry. He frequently cracks jokes without smiling or even looking up from what he is doing. A lot of this, I can't really record, because it is totally lost in translation. You have to get his tone of voice and the look on his face for it to be funny. The best I can record here is a conversation we had a breakfast the other morning.
Emily (using a toy socket wrench to look in my ear): "Mom, you have a cookie in your ear!"
Eddie (not even looking up): "Odd"
2. These pictures show all three kids personalities so perfectly. I love how William is so happy and tolerant of them.
3. Edward does what he wants. He seems to follow the adage that it's easier to ask forgiveness than permission. I found him eating his breakfast in the preschool room the other day, just because he wanted to.
4. William's new favorite toy - his shirt.
5. We are almost always playing pretend. My children are rarely ever themselves. When getting them dressed this morning, they insisted that they were Jessie and Woody. It took a little convincing for me to get Emily to believe that cowgirls like to wear bumblebee shirts. It was the closest thing to a cowgirl shirt I could find. I also got in trouble later when she found her Jessie doll and discovered that Jessie has one braid, not two. Oh well, I was close. Other characters that frequently appear at our house are Minnie and Mickey, Jake and Izzy, Jasmine and Prince Ali (not Aladdin, he has to be a prince), and Handy Manny and Kelly.
1 comment:
I dunno, at least the story you shared about Eddie seemed to come through alright. It made me laugh. It could be because it actually sounds a lot like you, though. :)
Post a Comment