Emily and I started preschool today! It was a big step for both of us. Actually, I'm pretty sure that I was more nervous about it than she was.
Since Mom's the teacher, Emily got to be the first Star Student. I figured it wasn't really fair to make anyone else have a poster ready for the first day of school. Here is Emily and her poster of favorites. I debated between a learning opportunity and a pretty poster and opted for the learning. Emily helped me with the cutting and gluing. In case you can't see her pictures, her favorite things that she chose to put on there are pancakes, Disney Princesses, Tinker Bell, swimming, Mario Party, Disney Princess Sing-a-long, her family, and of course, pink.
Here are a few pictures of our classroom. I am still working on making a valence for the window and would love to find a rug (for less than $300), but other than that, I love how it has turned out!
The obligatory first day of school picture!
I was very impressed by how well Emily did at school. She didn't try to boss the other kids around, which I was worried about with preschool being at our house. She participated and shared really well. I was also very impressed with how well she did at tracing her name! I did not expect it to look so good her first time. Edward did a super good job of participating when he could, and just sitting and watching when we were doing something more difficult. William slept through the whole thing (and three hours afterward). The three of them could not have done better!
As for me, I had fun and learned a few things for Wednesday. Lesson number one, I need to plan a whole lot more. I was worried that we wouldn't get through everything I had. We did everything I had planned, several things that were supposed to be done later in the month, and had a little extra play time. I will be spending tomorrow doing some more planning! I think I am going to enjoy teaching preschool though! They are so eager to learn and I love planning my own curriculum. It is fabulous.
No comments:
Post a Comment