For the first time, my kids are paying enough attention to a song on the radio to pick up on the lyrics. They have never done this before. Even with the Selena Gomez songs that Emily claims are her favorite. For some reason, it's only songs by One Direction that they do it with. Which is fine, since their songs are nice and clean (you thought this was going to be about them singing a swear word, didn't you?). However, their lyrics are terribly confusing to my poor children, which leads to a very long discussion, every time we hear one of them. Here are some of their questions:
One Thing
What one thing? I don't have anything! Do you have anything Eddie? Mom, do you have anything? What one thing is he talking about? How can I get out of his head? I'm not in his head! What is that one thing? (Repeat until we reach our destination, from both children.)
You Don't Know You're Beautiful
I do too know I'm beautiful! Mom, you know you're beautiful. Why does he keep saying that? Aunt Rachel likes these guys (how she remembers that, I don't know), maybe Rachel doesn't know hers beautiful. (I can't convince either Emily or Edward to use the word 'she'.) Has he seen us? Is that how he knows we're beautiful?
I love One Direction. Their songs and the ensuing conversations make me smile.
Sunday, August 12, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment