This weekend, we got the amazing opportunity to bless William.
The festivities started on Friday when the Beckstead's got here from Henderson. We spent Friday afternoon exploring San Tan Mall, where I found some fabulous shoes for $10. I was pretty happy. And of course, we hit up Chick-Fil-A, it's a tradition. I wish I had some pictures from Friday. The kids were so cute, all holding hands and playing together.
On Saturday, we were either really brave or really crazy and we went to the zoo. It was killer hot, but the kids had a great time anyway!
William even survived, with help from the hand fan. He was not a fan of being sprayed or fanned in the face, but other than that, he loved it.
On Sunday, all our family and friends who live nearby joined us at church for William's blessing. It was incredible. With each child's blessing, I realize again how lucky I am to have a husband who is worthy to hold the priesthood and is in tune with the Lord, so he can speak His words for us. I am one lucky woman.
Isn't he handsome? His legs were a little too long for the outfit, but oh well.
My mom and mother-in-law helped so much with that day, that I hardly had anything to do, except love on my boy, which was ok by me. My mom made cinnamon rolls and Darlene helped me make breakfast casseroles. When we got home from church, they got the fruit all cut up for me while I fed the hungry baby.
It was wonderful to have all of our family and friends join us for William's special day. I sure love my family!
The next day was also fabulous. We had a very leisurely breakfast with the Beckstead's before they headed back to Henderson. After a small amount of cleaning up, we all had very long naps and then spent the rest of the day playing Mario Party, reading books and just relaxing together.
1 comment:
You are right, William is huge. I didn't know you could birth a child that big Clarissa.
Congratulations on surviving the zoo. Utah has made me a total baby for the heat. It's 100 here and I whine. (could be the lack of AC...)
Your little aside about having a husband who is worthy to bless William kinda maybe sorta weakened my resolve not to have kids right now. How does that work. Thanks. I'm happy for you though. Those moments when you realize those things are the bestest :)
Post a Comment