Last weekend was absolute madness, so I'm going to try to break it down into a couple of different posts.
The madness started Saturday morning with my first experience with shooting a gun. Well, a modern gun anyway. I shot black powder rifles a couple of times back in my childhood.
Jacob 'inherited' a gun from his grandfather....step-grandfather?.....long story short, he has a 12 gauge. My brother Scott also owns several guns, so we went out to the desert with him and his wife. I hit.....lots of dirt. I still don't understand the fascination. It was fun. It wasn't like I died of boredom and I didn't accidentally shoot anyone or get shot. I had fun. I still don't get it. I am just not a gun person. I have no desire to have one in my house. It definitely wouldn't make me feel safer. Obviously, Jacob disagrees with me on this point. Oh well.
I can now say I have been shooting. I might even do it again sometime.
1 comment:
I don't really get it either. I go with Andrew every time, and it's fun to shoot the 22, but the bigger guns are just not that fun for me. Specially shotguns.
I suppose its because I never hit the targets...making dirt fly can only entertain me for so long =P
Post a Comment