Wednesday, May 22, 2013

1 Year Old

Last week was William's 1st birthday. He decided to celebrate by being sick. The poor kid had a cold and was not feeling well at all. He spent most of the day napping or snuggling with anyone who would hold him.

He did take the time to enjoy his dinner of jello, yummy potato casserole and green bean casserole. All of his favorite things. Sort of. Food in general is his favorite thing.


He put up with opening presents. His thought process here was, "I have a ball and snacks, I'm good. Leave me alone now Mom."


Look closely here. He is totally reading his book while I open his super cool pirate ship.



By cake time he was done. So tired.



The past year has flown by and we feel so blessed to have William in our family! He is my weight loss program. He makes sure I never have 2 seconds to sit down and eat or be lazy. He is constantly into everything and crawling (or walking) all over the place. He is the first child that has made me consider putting baby locks on everything. He especially loves to go outside. The minute he hears the door open, he is headed out it as fast as he can. He makes sure that our movies are always on the floor and as many cds and books as he can manage are there as well. He rarely holds still long enough to watch tv, except when Blue's Clues is on. Then he will lay down with his blankey and his thumb and happily watch. His giggles are contagious and he makes all of us smile!

1 comment:

Jessica Biscuit said...

lol, aw poor kid looks like he's fighting to stay awake as he eats that cake. =P I also love how completely disinterested he was in presents. =P