Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby Update

This week has been an interesting one, a little bit ridiculous actually. I did not feel well on Tuesday and then on Wednesday started having contractions that seem to be brought on by physical activity (by which I mean, walking around school or the library). It left me very tired and what I felt to be abnormally sore. So, I paid a visit to the doctor on Thursday. I do have a bit of an infection that explains some of the exhaustion and soreness, it does not explain the contractions though. They did do a test which indicates that chances are very high that the baby won't come in the next 2 weeks. They can't really predict any further than that. The good news is that the baby's heartbeat and all that is fine and as long as I make it at least 2 more weeks there won't be a lot of cause for concern.

Really what I'm saying is, we know nothing. I'll go back to the doctor in a week and we'll probably be able to tell a little more by then. I could be having this baby a little earlier than planned or I could still go full term. The other part of the good news is, it seems like BYU is going to be really cooperative. My professor said that as long as I can make it through Thanksgiving, they should just let me graduate. We're going to do my exit interview and final evaluation next Friday, just in case. So, all things considered, this could be much worse! I will let you know when I know more.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well be careful and keep the physical at a minimum. (We all know you secretly play extreme sports in your spare time!) jk. Love you and keep well