I just got back from the coolest workshop I have ever been to! It was on note-reading, taught by Jon Schmidt. He has a method that can teach kids to read notes on a 2 year level in 10 weeks. I've always wanted to try it, but I've been too skeptical to actually do it. He has me convinced now though! I really need someone to try it out on. It is honestly one of the coolest programs I've ever seen.An obvious plus was that Jon Schmidt is hilarious and such an amazing pianist. (See music video below.) He actually played his new Love Story/Viva la Vida medley for us. It was very cool and made me feel better about myself when he missed a few notes. Of course, he also played Song of the Ocean so beautifully I wanted to cry and then told us that someday we'll all know what his music is supposed to sound like when he actually has time to practice. I can't personally imagine them better; in my dreams I can play as well as he can. He also said that he kept messing up because it makes him nervous to play for piano teachers. I think I noticed maybe 5 mistakes total in the 4 songs he played.
His new cd titled "Bonus Tracks" will be coming out in August and I am definitely very excited. His current favorite song is from this cd, it's called "Road Trip" and as he put it, this is not a road trip with kids. It was very fun, though I'm not sure I'll ever be able to dance and play it at the same time. There aren't instructions for that in the book.
4 comments:
That's SO awesome! I love Jon Schmidt! I went to one of his concerts once and he was the most fun, entertaining pianists I'd ever heard. He even played upside down and backwards with his hands crossed. It was crazy. That video was amazing. I haven't followed him recently and haven't heard any of his new stuff (the only piano music I have is older...Tribute is probably my favorite from the book but I love them all). Man, I need to find more time to play the piano.
Cool! I've always loved Jon Schmidt's music, and I have been playing by ear for many years. I bet something like that would really be good! Thanks for telling about it.
Jon's one of my musical heroes.
- Chas
http://music.willowrise.com
[url=http://www.23planet.com]casinos online[/url], also known as accepted casinos or Internet casinos, are online versions of acknowledged ("chunk and mortar") casinos. Online casinos concurrence gamblers to lessen and wager on casino games fully the Internet.
Online casinos customarily invite odds and payback percentages that are comparable to land-based casinos. Some online casinos let go by higher payback percentages apropos reputation gismo games, and some promulgate payout split-up audits on their websites. Assuming that the online casino is using an aptly programmed apathetic innumerable generator, catalogue games like blackjack plead to save an established column edge. The payout insult after these games are established sooner than the rules of the game.
Assorted online casinos sublease or take their software from companies like Microgaming, Realtime Gaming, Playtech, Cosmopolitan Artfulness Technology and CryptoLogic Inc.
top [url=http://www.001casino.com/]free casino games[/url] brake the latest [url=http://www.casinolasvegass.com/]online casinos[/url] unshackled no consign reward at the leading [url=http://www.baywatchcasino.com/]online casino
[/url].
Post a Comment