Since Emily was only a few weeks old last Easter, this year was her first real Easter. It was very fun for us to watch her and it was fun for her to discover that happiness that is sugar. On Saturday morning we went to an Easter Egg Hunt with Clarissa's Aunt Tina and her daughter Lily. Neither Lily or Emily found any eggs, but they had fun wandering around anyway.
After that, we went to Grantsville for the Beckstead Family Easter Party. Emily was not in the best of moods, but she had a fun time with the easter egg hunt! It was really confusing to her at first. I swear she was thinking, "I didn't make this mess Mom, why do I have to pick it up?" That was the look she was giving me. But, after Jacob picked her up and helped her out a little, she got into it and was having fun picking up the eggs.
Easter morning, she was again a little confused, until she discovered that there was candy in her basket. I think Easter is now her favorite holiday. She is constantly begging for more candy now and we have to be really careful to ration it. Yesterday I was really busy with homework and kept giving her gummy bears as she reached for them. After a while I realized she's probably eaten close to 15 of them, so I stopped giving them to her to avoid the inevitable stomach ache. She then proceeded to throw a temper tantrum for the next 45 minutes because she wanted more gummy bears. Apparently we have a sugar problem on our hands.

1 comment:
That's so cute! Next Easter I will have a confused little girl on my hands too!
Post a Comment