Saturday, April 18, 2009

Goals

My new goal is to blog every day. Alright, that's never going to happen. I think I'll start off a little easier with blogging at least once a week. This blog was meant to be something of a journal and, much like my real journal, it just hits the highlights. The last event in my real journal is my wedding and I'm not sure I ever finished writing about that. Now that the semester is coming to a close, I should have the time required to blog more often.

Yesterday marked the beginning of finals. I officially decided that I love my major! Most of the things on our tests are common sense and if you don't know it by now you probably should be retaking the class. Don't get me wrong, I do have to spend some time studying. But as I watch other people cramming, trying to remember everything they've learned all semester, it 
makes me grateful to be a teacher. Everything we learn is immediately applicable, so you really don't get a chance to forget things. Yesterday I had two finals. For the first, we did a group activity where we put lesson ideas in the order we would teach them. For the second, we watched some videos of lessons and had to write down what phase of the learning cycle the children were in. Of course, we could talk to our neighbors and directly quote the answers that the professor was giving us. It was actually kind of fun to take finals! Unfortunately, the rest of them will be traditional tests, but I guess that will be ok.

It's been an interesting semester, kind of the best and worst of. Two of my classes have definitely made it into the top 5 best classes I've ever taken, possibly being the top 2. I will miss both of those professors and all the great insights they have. On the other hand, several of my classes have made the list of the top 5 worst classes I've ever taken. Seriously, a huge waste of my time and money. I guess that's a good way to end it though! I have 3 classes this spring, student teaching in the fall and then graduation in December! Woohoo!

No comments: