
I just need to say that college professors need to be required to have some sort of education related degree or at least certification. This whole business about being allowed to teach because you have a doctorate in some random subject is ridiculous. Especially when said teachers are teaching teacher education courses. It's just funny. I go to all these classes taught by former elementary school teachers who are amazing and give me lists of things to do and not to do when I'm teaching. Then I go to other classes where my professors just do everything on the "don't do" list. I try to think nice thoughts about them, but it's hard when you're trying to learn how to be a good teacher and some of your professors spend all their time demonstrating the worst ways to teach. I guess it's useful though, I know exactly the kind of teacher I don't want to be! For some reason the whole situation is just vastly entertaining to me.
2 comments:
I'm sure it's not very entertaining while you are sitting in that professor's class, though! Sorry!
Clarissa, I know exactly how you feel! They may know a lot about what they're teaching, but they can't actually teach it! It makes me so frustrated sometimes. I think that they get doctorates because they're scared to teach in schools where kids would make fun of them. Us college students, though... we have to be respectful of their PhD's.
Post a Comment