I love Christmas time. The whole month of December is just so different from all the rest of the year. This year I tried a new tradition, doing something Christmas-y on each day during December. I tried to keep it really low key, but it was still kind of stressful some days, but really wonderful other days. It's a work in progress. I think that next year instead of doing it as an advent calendar, I will just have activities written down somewhere fun and we can choose one when we have time to.
On Christmas Eve we went to the Hadley home for our traditional, amazing, dinner and program. Emily and Edward made a cute Mary and Joseph. Eddie had to be coaxed into it, but he had fun.
Everyone got spoiled with lots of books and toys. I think I got the most spoiled. I got a book that my mom spent a lot of time putting together of all my grandpa's letters from World War 2 and his mission. It has been so cool to read. She also made a book all about me for the kids! They think it's hilarious.
On Christmas morning this year the kids woke up to find that Santa decided to be a little silly this year. Our doorway from the hall to the living room was covered in wrapping paper that the kids had to break through to get to their presents. Emily and Edward loved it. William was very, very hesitant to walk through the wrapping paper.
We had a good Christmas, playing with new toys, coloring, eating snacks, watching movies and relaxing. We also got to talk to both Chris and Brandon over Skype, which was awesome!
1 comment:
I'm so glad missionaries can skype now! We got to skype with Brianna and she got to meet Emmeline. Definitely makes things easier than before!
I'm going to steal your wrapping paper idea...someday. Emmeline will only be a year old and probably won't even understand the concept of unwrapping gifts yet, let alone unwrapping a doorway. haha.
I'll have to get some ideas from you for Christmas activities. I want to do something like that now that we won't have school and finals ruining the season. :)
Post a Comment