Get ready for picture overload! Even this is limiting myself. There were just so many good pictures!
First of all, I am still so happy we finally got to go! We haven't been to my family camp out since we moved to Arizona. Sickness, money and new babies have worked against us.
We drove up to Utah on Friday and spent the weekend camping in Hobble Creek Canyon with the Davis family. This year it was reported that there are about 850 descendants of my great-grandparents, about 450 of which were at the camp out this year. (They gave the exact numbers, I just don't remember them.)
William was not a huge fan of the grass. He just learned how to walk and had to figure it out all over again. It was very frustrating.
"Under dog, under dog!" Hooray for uncles who always seem to have more energy than parents!
Walking sticks, a requirement for camping.
Playing Peek-a-Boo with Grandpa. Which was all the hat was good for, by the way. Actually wearing it was never even considered.
Chilling (And apparently wearing the hat that I just said he never wore.)
Not Pictured: Swimming. At which time I took all three kids swimming without Jacob (though my Dad and siblings were there) and they were all super excited to go until we finished changing and then there was much crying and I had to drag them all, kicking and screaming into the pool. William did not stop screaming the entire time we were there. Meanwhile, everyone is looking at me saying, "First time swimming, huh?" No! We live in Arizona! They go swimming all the time! Sheesh.
Family carnival! Which was a little lame this year for reasons unknown, but the small ones still had fun. We even had a Hooray! moment with Edward. He won a package of M&Ms playing this game and said to the guy running the game, "I can't have nuts, can I eat this?" Mom stood by calmly while cheering inside.
The dance! During which, Dad was back at the tent throwing up. Emily and Edward thoroughly enjoyed dancing though, as they always do.
"Why is the food gone?" A common lament at camp out. Actually, since the food rarely actually runs out, it's more like, "Why is my stomach not letting me eat more?"
The play! If you look closely, Emily and Edward are in there assisting with some sort of battle that had something to do with "Camp Out Avengers". Hey, for a play written in probably less than an hour by 10 recently returned missionaries and practiced for less than an hour with a huge hoard of children, it was good. At least I understood the general gist of what they were doing.
Proof that Dad was there too.
{Insert Caption Here}
Squish Brian!
Finally headed home. Tired, dirty, sunburned, but seeing our family made it all worth it!
2 comments:
that last picture just gave me hope that I can have three kids and still keep my car. We put two booster seats in the car for my cousins this last weekend and everything looked so small. I was sad because I want to avoid getting rid of our car for a long time (yep, totally getting ahead of myself).
anyhow, that looked like so much fun! I'm glad you got to go! And Memorial day weekend was such nice weather! (maybe a little cold up the canyon)
oh yeah, and I am DEFINITELY looking forward to uncles who have more energy than parents.
Post a Comment