We finished out our spring break with a day at the Renaissance Festival. I was dreading it a little with small children and was pleasantly surprised by how much fun they had!
They loved looking in all the shops, especially the ones that sell hats.
There was one shop that sold juggling things that had lots of stuff sitting out to play with. We made valiant attempts and hula hooping and juggling, and failed miserably at both.
There was one free ride and Emily got her first experience with being too big for something. Eddie was the only one who was the right size and he would have happily ridden it all day.
William was a good sport about the whole thing and even had a nap for a little while.
The petting zoo was super crowded, but we did see some of the animals. The shaggy cow was very confusing. I'm pretty sure they thought I was kidding when I said it was a cow.
And of course, we saw some really good shows. The fire juggler was a little lame, but the kids were impressed. We also tried to watch a glass blower, which I thought was cool, but the small ones did not agree.
Right when we walked into the Festival, some people stopped and told us about some good things to do with kids. One thing they mentioned was The Living Fountain. Emily asked us about every half hour if it was time for the fountain to come to life. It was the last thing we did and she loved it.
No comments:
Post a Comment