Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Impromptu Jaunt To Utah

The month of March has officially been insane. We figured that after our spring break fun, we'd have a few weeks of normal day-to-day stuff, as well as getting ready for Emily's birthday party. 

Instead, the Thursday after spring break, we got word that Jacob's Grandpa Don had had a stroke and was not doing well. He passed away later that day.

So, we headed up to Utah the next Tuesday for his funeral. We were able to stop on our way to Salt Lake to see Matt in Provo, which was fun! We definitely need to go back sometime soon and spend a day or two in Provo. There are so many people and places I want to visit.

Wednesday was the funeral, which was a nice service and a good opportunity to see family. After it was over, we went up to Bountiful to see Grandma Davis, or as the kids say, Snow Grandma. It was really nice to be able to sit and talk with her for a little while!

Thursday morning we had a little fun with the cousins at the Hogle Zoo. It was really fun to see the bear and sea lion exhibits that are new since the last time we were there. Really, the kids just liked spending time with their cousins!




2 comments:

Jessica Biscuit said...

I was going to be offended at my lack of visitation, but since you were here for a funeral and I didn't stop to say hi when I was in Arizona for a funeral, if say we're even. I'll visor next time I'm in mesa and you visit next you are here, deal? :-P

Jacob & Clarissa said...

Deal!