To round out the craziness (yes, I am exhausted and feel like I have completely lost my marbles), we decided to see 2 different doctors at 3 different appointments in 2 days.
Monday, it was Eddie's turn to figure out why he was not feeling well. Strep, I totally called it. I love my doctor's office, because they trust me. When I said I thought he had strep, the nurse immediately swabbed his throat. Ammoxicillin is a wonderful thing.
The next day was back to the same office for Emily's 5 year old well check. Of course, she passed with flying colors. The health problems were not evenly distributed in this family.
We only had a few hours before Eddie's appointment with the asthma and allergy specialist, which is 2 minutes from where we were and 20 from home. So, we decided to stay on that side of town. We went to the library and then went to the park to eat lunch and play for a little while.
There were more turtles out and about in the lake than I have ever seen before, so we had lots of fun watching them! We also saw some pretty big fish and of course, the ducks.
It always amazes me how much the kids love just climbing all over the walls at this park.
After some fun in the sun, we headed to Eddie's appointment. They did more allergy testing and found that he is allergic to eggs, sesame seeds and mustard. I am not looking forward to trying to remove eggs from his diet. The good news is that the doctor says eggs are the most commonly outgrown allergy. He now has to be tested every 6 months to see if he is still allergic to eggs.
I am dreading this new challenge, but hopefully it will help him be healthier! We are also going to take him to see an ENT to find out if he can get his tonsils out. I think that would help him sleep better, which would help him so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment