The celebrations just keep coming around here! Yesterday we celebrated Eddie's 3rd birthday! We started out the morning being chastised by Emily because we didn't have any balloons like we did for her birthday. So, after a slow start to the morning and pancakes for breakfast (Eddie's favorite), we headed to Walmart. We repented and got balloons and fulfilled Eddie's wishes for a Buzz party by getting him a Buzz tablecloth and cake plates.
While we were there, I saw a Perry the Platypus bank that was much cooler, less expensive and less breakable than the Superman pig bank I had purchased for him. So, I grabbed it and carried it behind my back the entire time we were there. The kids never noticed.
On our way home, we stopped at Bahama Bucks and got 'snow drinks', which the kids were super excited about.
That evening we had family and friends over for a party! Eddie chose chicken nuggets and yummy potatoes for dinner. I made it a little more edible for the rest of us by making homemade chicken nuggets. He insisted on having a Buzz cake, so I wrote 'To Infinity and Beyond' on the cake and drew purple and green stars.
He is still loving his gifts. He is very hard and very easy to shop for, all at the same time. He likes trains and he likes Jake and the Neverland Pirates, but really, he's happy to play with whatever Emily is playing with. Mom and Dad got him a piggy bank, some of his favorite Swedish Fish and a basketball hoop. He also got Captain Hook's boat and a book from Grandma and Grandpa.
He is such a happy boy and we are so lucky to have him in our home! Here are some things about Eddie:
- He loves Thomas and Jake
- He is obsessed with the Lorax. He can sing all the songs and quote most of the movie. I feel like I live in the movie.
- He wants to hear Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam or Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star every night. He did not like being forced to listen to Christmas songs instead.
- He is a wild man and has little regard for his own safety.
- He has a whole group of imaginary friends who are about 3 inches tall and have no names.
- He does not like going to sleep and plays in his room for at least an hour after being put to bed.
- He loves nursery and preschool. He tells me all the time that he wants to tell his nursery teachers about whatever he is doing.
- He loves to make people happy! He plays what Emily wants to play and watches what she wants to watch because he is so eager to make her happy.