Remember back at the beginning of my pregnancy when I wrote about how much I hated the pregnancy counter on the side of the blog? Now, I love it. Mostly because I have even less time left than it says! It says I have 10 days left. The truth is, I only have 3. I am officially scheduled to be induced Monday morning at 7:30. I can't even explain how happy this makes me. I am so tired of the lack of sleep, hot flashes, constant contractions, and not being comfortable, ever. I'm also way past ready to meet our new little guy! His bed has been sitting next to mine, empty, for a while now. I'm ready to have a baby in it!
Now I just have to find something to do with myself for the next three days. You know that nesting instinct that people talk about? I have never felt it. I have no desire to clean and organize my house right now. My mom's guess, that was probably correct, is that I've always been too busy and tired to feel it. I have always been teaching right before having my kids. I've had a break for a few weeks this time, but I'm still exhausted from it. Could I spend the next 3 days cleaning? Absolutely. But I really don't want to. I have a million things I need to get done this summer, but I don't really want to start on any projects right now.
This morning, Emily climbed into bed with me and said, "Mom, I want doughnuts for breakfast." So, that gave me something to do for today. We made homemade doughnuts and smoothies, which I must say, turned out pretty darn delicious. We then quickly got our chores done and the headed out to park day.
If only the afternoon had been so successful. We tried to nap, but Emily woke me up every 15 minutes for 2 hours, which really made my nap more harmful than helpful. I think I'm grouchier than I was when I laid down.
Friday, May 11, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment