Monday, May 7, 2012
Oh Kids
It's such a good thing my kids are cute! On Friday, Eddie started rubbing at his eyes constantly and complaining about them. Over the weekend they got a little red and goopy. It was nothing terrible, but I decided I would take him to the doctor this morning, just to have it checked. Well, then last night, he decided to somehow get into some nuts, which causes his eyes to get red, swollen and rashy. I really don't even know what he touched. We had cake with nuts in it, but I am positive that he didn't eat any or even touch it. Hopefully he's not going to be one of those kids who reacts from touching something that once touched nuts.
Jacob stayed up until about midnight, to make sure his eyes went back to normal (or at least close) and to make sure his breathing stayed normal. After that, he left Eddie's door open so that we could check on him and hear him more easily throughout the night. Oh my goodness, that boy is a noisy sleeper! He tosses and turns all over the place and he talks in his sleep. I woke up countless times in the night, sometimes because of the unborn boy, and several times because Eddie was talking in his sleep. At about 3:30, I gave up on sleeping and just got up.
This morning, I asked Eddie if he wanted to go to the doctor and he told me that he didn't need to because Daddy already checked him and kissed him better. (Jacob had listened to Eddie's breathing with his stethoscope, so apparently that means he's better now.) Emily said we needed to stay home and make a butterfly crap. For some reason, she can't say the 'ft' sound, so craft becomes crap, which I find highly amusing and somewhat fitting. Their opinions got overridden and we took Eddie to see the doctor. Which turned out to be a good thing. He has pink eye in both eyes.
Now, they are playing and Emily is trying to convince me that we need to go to the movies, or to a friends house or on some other fun adventure. She does not seem to understand the concept that Eddie is contagious and I am exhausted and sore. We will not be going anywhere. Their cuteness is their saving grace today because Mom can't take much more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment