Both Edward and I have very big news to share! Edward's news is that he can walk! He took his first, tentative steps about two weeks ago and has taken off from there. Today he's been trying really hard to run, it's not going well for him. I love his wobbly walking, it's adorable.
Sorry about the grainy quality. Apparently my camera and the lighting didn't agree.
Now for my big news, I have a full time job! Starting on Wednesday, I'm going to be a 6th grade teacher at Noah Webster. For the next week and a half I will work with the teacher I'm going to be taking over for, so the kids can get used to me and I can get used to them and the school. Then in January I will be taking over. The teacher I'm replacing is actually the wife of my former seminary teacher. They just adopted a baby and she's decided she wants to stay home. She was nice enough to take my resume in to the school personally.
I'm really excited and really nervous all at the same time. The more I think about it though, I'm glad I'm taking over mid-year. Though I'm sure there will be some adjustment time, I don't have to start from scratch. I can spend the rest of this year adjusting to being a teacher and then next year I can set up my own classroom exactly as I want it.
The other nervous excitement that I'm feeling is just from the prospect of working full time. I'm excited because it's going to help us so much financially and will allow Jacob to hopefully start school again in the fall. Plus, this is what I spent 4 years of college working for! Still, part of me is sad to be leaving behind the title of stay-at-home mom. I've been lucky to stay home with our kids as much as I have and I will miss that time with them. However, I know this is what's best for our family right now. I also think it will force me to make the time I will have with the kids more valuable, which will be good for all of us. I must admit that I have a tendency to let them play with each other or their aunts and uncles for most of the day. It will be good for me to find ways to make our time together more worth while.
Yay for a new chapter in all our lives!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Congratulations! Teaching is great...exhausting but great. You will be absolutely wonderful!!!
Post a Comment