Tuesday, November 30, 2010

I Love You

After much prodding, Emily finally started saying "I love you". Now we can't get her to stop, not that we're really trying! For the longest time, she just wouldn't say it. Then, she would repeat it back if we said it first. Now she tell us she loves us all the time and has started telling us about all the other things she loves. Here are some of my favorite instances:

- Christmas List: I asked Emily what Edward wanted for Christmas, after thinking for a minute she said, "Eddie likes Buzz...Mom, I love Buzz." (By which she means Buzz Lightyear, in case you were wondering.)

- Black Friday: Jacob was at Target and called to tell me how crazy the line was. Emily kept trying to grab the phone, so I finally gave it to her. Here's the conversation:

Emily: Daddy, scary rawrs are going to get me.
Jacob: There aren't any scary rawrs sweetheart, you're fine. Mom can even check under the bed for you.
Emily: Scary rawrs are going to get me.
Jacob: Don't worry, Mom will protect you until I get home and then I'll help you scare them all away. (Side note: It has helped with her scary rawr obsession to tell her that the scary rawrs stay away because they're scared of Daddy. She doesn't even act like she's scared, she just tells us all the time that scary rawrs are going to get her.)
Emily: Ok, I love you Daddy.

- Tangled: We went to see Tangled with Jacob's family during Thanksgiving break. As soon as the movie ended she said, "I loved that movie!" Then as soon as we got back to Grandma and Grandpa's house, "Mom, can we go get that movie?" Then I had to figure out how to explain that we can't buy that movie yet. I don't know how she even knew to say that since we don't buy that many movies.

- Today: Emily randomly walked up and said, "Mom, I love my Pink shoes, I love Tink shows, "...and then she walked away. Thank you for the information Emily.

I have to say, I love this new habit of hers!

2 comments:

Christi said...

That is SO cute! How fun!

Amy said...

Clarissa, I need to stop reading your blog. Whether or not it should be, it might be the deciding factor in these next few weeks of decision making!