We all know that Provo is a bubble. It is not the real world (sorry to anyone who thought otherwise). I was fully aware that there were things I was going to have to re-adjust to when we moved. Things such as swearing, immodesty, the smell of smoke and not being able to assume that almost anyone you meet is LDS.
I just wanted to share one example of Provo's bubble-ness. Music is not the same here. Did you know that Utah has it's own versions of songs? If you've ever heard, "Toes" by The Zac Brown Band, it doesn't have any swear words in Utah. It definitely does here. And it's not the only one we've discovered.
Also, did you know that the F-word works for a noun, verb, adjective and an adverb? And can be used as each in a single sentence?
Friday, July 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! Try living with a million 18-19 year-old soldiers. . .some of them use the F-word for 75% of their words. It's much better here than in Korea, but it's not Utah!
Post a Comment