Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Make Believe

I think Emily has reached the age of make believe. Pretending seems to be her new favorite game.

One morning last week she pretended to be a cow for most of the morning. The only word I could get out of her was 'moo'. She doesn't generally talk much (at least not in words I can understand), but she will usually answer necessary questions like 'what do you want to eat?' or 'do you need to go potty?'. Not that morning, 'moo' was the answer for everything.

She also likes to pretend she's asleep. I can't really spell the noise she makes, but she imitates deep breathing noises/snores. She sometimes does this while looking straight at you, like she did last night when I was singing to her before bed, and sometimes she lays down, closes her eyes and truly pretends to be asleep. It's amazing.

The last one I can't quite explain and I don't know exactly what is going through her mine. She's taken to tiptoeing around and she just acts different from her normal self when she's doing it. I can't quite put my finger on what she's doing though! She almost acts more prissy. It seems like she's pretending to be a ballerina, but I don't know where she's ever even seen a ballerina!

No comments: