Thursday, June 24, 2010

How quickly things change

Only on Monday my life was normal. My house was organized, or at least as organized as it ever gets, and I was trying to think of something exciting to do this week...

This is what my house looks like now.




I know it looks terrible, but I am actually really impressed with how much we have packed! I have definitely not been bored this week.

Here is what I've been thinking about while packing:

Things I will miss about Utah:

- Our family members that live here
- Our friends and ward, they are all pretty amazing
- The mountains and trees
- The small town feel of Orem, even though it's not that small (I think Orem is pretty much the perfect size)

Things I'm excited for in Arizona:

- Living by my family!
- The smell. I know that's weird, but I love the smell of Arizona
- The places I know. I don't really know how to explain this. It's not that I don't know of any fun things to do in Utah, I guess I've just missed the fun things in Arizona like the Science Center and the lake and certain restaurants.

There are more things that should be on these lists, so I may be adding to this post over the next few days.

I also wanted to add that I am very impressed with my husband. He installed a trailer hitch on the truck today, all on his own. He has not done a lot, if any, work on cars in the past. However, when we researched hitches and compared the price of parts against the prices that were being charged for parts and installation, we were a little shocked. So he learned how and put it on by himself. It looks great and I am very impressed!

2 comments:

Jessica Biscuit said...

well it will be good to have a friend I can talk to this summer. but I will miss you when I move back to Utah. though lets face it...we hardly saw each other while I lived there anyhow huh? =P

Rebecca said...

I'm so glad you're still committed to blogging even when your life is crazy! I love to keep up with you!