Thursday, February 18, 2010

Too Smart

Emily just never ceases to amaze me. She is so smart. Every time I think I have a good grasp on how much she knows, she surprises me with something else.

For instance, she likes to pretend she can't talk. She will not talk unless she sees a need to, if she can get her point across another way, she will. She doesn't parrot things back either. Why should she say 'dog' when I can clearly say it myself? Every once in a while though, she says things that stun me. She wanted to watch Mickey Mouse Club House the other day (and yes, she conveyed this point without using any words). I turned on Disney Channel and we were in luck, there was 1 minute left of the previous show and then Mickey Mouse would be on. So, I left it on and went back to what I was doing. She came and pulled me back to the TV. So I explained that Mickey Mouse would be on in 1 minute. She looked at me and said, "But I just want to watch it now Mom!"

Really?! You want me to believe you can't talk!

Example two is her new favorite book, I Spy. I got it from the library thinking that there was no way she would be able to do it, but that the pictures would be fun to look at. I decided to try it with her one day and it turns out that not only can she do it, she's really good at finding everything! She pretty much has it memorized now, but wants to find everything over and over again anyway.


Edward has discovered a new favorite position, at least for today. He doesn't like being set down...ever. But today he hung out by himself, on his tummy, for almost half an hour! I think we're going to be having tummy time more often!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

So cute! I will always be jealous of Edward's hair. You have some adorable little ones. Miss you guys!