(Obligatory pictures of my cute kids)
I've been thinking a lot lately about redefining what it means to be productive. My friend Kami posted about this very thing on her blog today and it made me feel good that I'm not the only one.
You really do have to take a new look at what it means to be productive every once and a while. As she pointed out, being productive used to mean cleaning the whole kitchen, doing all the laundry and doing several assignments for work. Now, it's a good day when I get all the dishes done.
I am seriously considering adding things such as coloring with Emily and holding Edward to my to-do list. That way I can cross more things off. For some reason, it's just satisfying to cross things off my list.
As part of this redefining, I've also been trying to enjoy the little things. So, I wanted to share with you some of the things that have made me happy this week.
Monday (I think): Edward only got up once during the night! He is getting much better at sleeping. We've still had some rough nights, but he's at least sleeping in the swing most of the time. Our next step is to try to get him to sleep in the cradle so that he can eventually move into his room. Emily slept in the swing, in her room, for a long time. But since he is sharing a room with her, the swing won't work as it places him within her reach.
Tuesday: Jacob and I went shopping without Emily (thank-you Gaskins!). After we came home, we sat on the living room floor and ate dinner while watching "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium". Emily thought that eating on the floor was very fun. She was also quite fascinated with the concept of popcorn chicken. It was so much fun.
Wednesday: Emily had 2 baths (which is its own, very gross, story) and she only cried during 1 of them! It took coaxing to get her in both times, but during the second bath she started playing and wasn't eager to get out! She didn't fight me on getting out like she used to, but she would have played in there longer if I had let her. I think she was scared of getting water in her eyes and I don't think the bath-phobia is totally over, but it's a step in the right direction.
Thursday: Emily is taking a nap and I didn't have to go put her back in bed at all!
Friday: Jacob has the day off work! I'm sure there will be plenty of other happy things about Friday when it gets here.
3 comments:
You have such a cute family! And I definitely agree, I feel accomplished when I cross things off my to-do list! Sounds like you had a busy, crazy, fun week!
Productivity is whatever you call it. For sure, add "coloring with Emily" to your list. It's something you do right? It was valuable time spent with her. I'm sure you're a fantastic mom. Glad you're having a good week!
it's so true. my to do lists usually consist of several things that wouldn't have been on my to do list before children. but i feel successful crossing them off one by one. i know exactly what you're saying. :)
Post a Comment