Sunday, January 24, 2010

Living by the Spirit...how do you do this?

So, we just got home from church (early because I have a monster for a daughter who needs a nap) and it was a really good sacrament meeting. The talks were on priorities and making sure our priorities are the best ones for us. The reason for my title being, through the entire meeting, I kept getting this feeling that we need to move. Where? I have no idea. Why? Again, no idea. When? Sooner rather than later. We have no real reason to move. We like our apartment, I really like my job, Clarissa and I have a lot of new friends here, so why the sudden feeling that we need to start thinking about another location? We have talked about Clarissa applying for jobs so that I can go back to school, but thats not for another 6 months or more. And that included the possibility of staying here. The feelings I'm getting are that we need to be somewhere else in the next 3 or 4 months. If anyone has any thoughts or feelings, please share, because I am at a complete loss for what to do.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Fast, pray, go to the temple, ponder and look at all possibilities. Make a decision and ask the Lord if it is right.

Rebecca said...

Ditto to Julie's comment. You may not have been planning it, but who knows, maybe something will turn up in the next short-while that makes you say "Ooooh, that's what Heavenly Father was talking about."

Good luck. Remember, when you figure out what you're supposed to do, you'll know. Because everything will feel good.

Laura, RN said...

Move to DALLAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! : ) Jacob, what a daunting thing to consider. Moving is a scary thing as it is, not knowing where, when, or why is even worse. I am glad you are in tune with the Spirit though. How blessed your family is to have a righteous priesthood holder at its head. Temples are great places to ponder. Get Dave and Amy to watch the kids. We'll help with whatever way we can from afar!

Rebecca said...

Please please please move to Maricopa with us! That would be awesome!