As you have probably guessed from previous posts, Edward was a little too comfortable where he was, so I was induced Saturday morning. I went into the hospital at 7, was all hooked up to the IV's at 8 and started real labor around 9. There are definitely pros and cons to being induced, but it was time. It was only 3 hours later that Edward was born.
My plan was to go natural again, like I did with Emily. It worked for about the first half of my labor. I was already so tired and sore this time that I just didn't have the stamina to fight off the pain. So I got an epidural to help me through the last half. I will definitely try to go natural again next time, but the epidural definitely wasn't a bad thing. I disliked losing control of my body and the feeling of the medication in general, but it helped me live through it.
We have really been enjoying having Edward here with us! He is a pretty good baby, despite the fact that he still has his days and nights mixed up. We are hoping to remedy that soon, but in the meantime I will continue to survive on naps. His big sister's only problem seems to be loving him too much. We have to remind her frequently not to squish him or pull his fingers off.
4 comments:
CONGRATULTIONS! he is darling!!! I'm so glad you're done being pregnant!! :)
His hair is SO CUTE!! Let me know if you need anything!!
Yay! Congrats Clair!!!!
He is very cute! Congatulatoins! Glad everything went well.
Post a Comment