We're adjusting pretty well to being a family of four.
My recovery has gone better than ever expected. I think this is my blessing for making it through that pregnancy, easy recovery. I've actually been feeling really well and am starting to get out into the world again. It's a delicate balance, Edward probably shouldn't be around too many people for a while, but I am getting bored with just sitting around the house.
Emily is still working on adjusting to being a big sister, but she's doing pretty good. Really, her only major problem is loving him too much. She wants to take care of him, pick him up when he cries, and feeding him with her doll food. It's adorable, but we're still working on learning to be gentle...and not picking him up. She's also struggling a little bit with the fact that there are so many new rules. There are so many things she can't play with (his pacifier, his swing, etc). She seems to have decided that since she can't remember all of them, she just won't follow any of them, including the rules I know she knows, like not pulling all the DVDs out. It's a tough concept that there are things in the house that don't belong to her.
Edward is adjusting very well to being alive. He sleeps pretty well and doesn't cry much at all, even when his sister is picking on him. He does seem to love the pacifier, which is a new thing for me, but he's getting better at keeping it in his mouth and that is all I ask at this point. He's growing so much and getting cuter every day.
I don't know if there's any adjustment for Jacob. He loves having two kids and helps me out a lot with both of them. I'm sure he'll let me know if he's had to make any adjustments after he reads this.

1 comment:
Cute family! I can't believe you have 2 kids!! Have fun!
Post a Comment