Sitting on a giant frog statue
Riding a horse with Sara
See, I told you she loved the swing.
Now I realize that we've been back for a fairly long time. The reason I haven't gotten around to writing about it yet is that shortly after we got back, we got sick. Emily was the first to get sick, last Thursday, and then I got it a few days after that. Jacob woke up with the sniffles this morning, we're hoping for his sake that it stops there. Monday night I finally decided to take Emily to the doctor. It's always a debate for me, I feel like an idiot every time I take her and it's just a cold, but I'm always worried that the one time I don't take her it will be more than that. So I decided to take her and the doctor said that she has bronchialitis, which is the virus that causes RSV. He says she's old enough that it probably won't turn into RSV though. Hallelujah for that. He also told us that kids with a family history of asthma have a harder time getting over coughs. So now we have to do a nebulizer treatment with her every 4 hours until her cough goes away. It is not so much fun. Besides her getting better, the only good part is that we now have a nebulizer! Apparently the insurance has decided that it's less expensive to buy it for us than to rent it twice. We've been trying to get one for Jacob for the past 3 years and apparently this is all it took. They gave us a little baby oxygen mask with it, but that's a joke. We just hold the mouth piece in front of her face and hope that she gets most of the medicine! I'm hoping that she's just getting it all out this year and from now on she's just never going to get sick!
You think she looks sad in this picture? We had just barely started, it gets a lot worse
2 comments:
She does look a tad resentful.
Our poor babies... Tyler HATED that thing. He was screaming before I ever even got the tube near his face. hahaha. Like you said... hopefully they get it all out and we'll have very healthy toddlers. =) Love you!
Post a Comment