Usually Halloween is a 2 hour kind of holiday for me. I do decorate for it for all of October, but we don't really have a lot of Halloween traditions and celebrations outside of trick-or-treating. This year, Halloween was like a week long holiday. It was madness.
The week before Halloween was our ward trunk-or-treat. I wasn't planning to go since that night was also the last home football game at the high school and we hadn't been to one yet to see Brian perform with the marching band. However, we discovered that morning because it was the homecoming game, the band wasn't playing until after the game and if you wait until the 4th quarter, you can get in free! So, Sara and Becca came to the truck or treat with me since Jacob was working.
The kids had tons of fun seeing all their friends in their costumes, eating yummy food, playing carnival games and of course, getting lots of candy.
The day before Halloween was our preschool Halloween party at the park! William was all over the place. That kid is a wild man.
Halloween day itself was absolute craziness. It started out with Emily's field trip to Schnepf Farm. She was nervous about going on the bus, so I volunteered to chaperone. There were so many chaperones that our group was 3 girls and 2 adults and both Emily and I got to be with our friends, so that was fun!
Emily was even brave and asked to go on the roller coaster. I was definitely worried that there would be last minute panic, but she laughed through the whole thing and asked when we can go again!
At the end we got to choose our own pumpkins out of the pumpkin patch!
We got back to the school about 1:30 and mom headed home for a few minutes before it was time to go back and pick Emily up from school. During the bus ride home, Grandpa texted me and invited us to come to a Halloween party at his office. So we headed straight there after school. The kids had tons of fun decorating bags, trick-or-treating and decorating cupcakes!
After a quick dinner, it was off for trick-or-treating in our neighborhood with our beautiful Rapunzel (in her wedding dress. That's important because she doesn't have the right hair to be the other Rapunzel, but she has the perfect Rapunzel wedding hair)...
our super strong Captain America...
and the world's cutest dinosaur. Who really didn't want his picture taken.
We walked around with our next door neighbors and had tons of fun! The kids got way too much candy and everyone had lots of trouble getting up and off to school the next morning.
Am I the only one who thinks that Halloween really should be moved to the last Friday in October? I say we get a petition going or something.
1 comment:
I've been a firm believer in moving halloween to the last friday since I was in high school. I'll sign your petition!
Post a Comment