For my birthday this year I told Jacob I wanted to go on a fun date. Something more than dinner and a movie. A play, a concert, a baseball game, something like that. So, he got me tickets to Ballet Arizona's Cinderella. He is a wise man.
It was such a fun night! The ballet was very good. Their scenery was absolutely beautiful, the Phoenix Symphony did a fabulous job with the music and the dancing was, of course, very good. The girls that played the step-sisters were hilarious. Jacob and I decided that it's probably harder to dance badly on purpose, and without hurting yourself, like they were doing, than it is to dance gracefully.
Most of all, it was just nice to get some alone time and be able to enjoy something that I like. As a mom, your identity sometimes gets lost in the needs of your family (which is how it should be) and you don't always remember what you liked to do back when you did have free time! It brought me back to our days at BYU where free time and fabulous productions were available in abundance. In particular, it brought to mind a certain opera that Jacob and I attended before we were actually dating. Fortunately, the ballet was much better than that opera was.
1 comment:
lol! I remember stories of that opera. I have studiously avoided it since. =P
Andrew and I saw Cinderella at BYU a while back, it was a good one. I will definitely miss all the cultural opportunities at BYU.
Glad you had fun! :)
Post a Comment