I have a huge respect for single parents. I couldn't do it. Yes, I do realize that most of them don't do it by choice. Being a single parent is hard. At the end of July, Jacob went to Indiana for two weeks to help train one of the centers there. He then came home for a week and then went back for 4 days for a training of his own. It was exhausting and made me realize how much I rely on Jacob for everything! There are a thousand little things every day that I ask his opinion on or have him help me with. And of course, there are the things he just does (like laundry and taking the garbage out) that I pay no attention to until he isn't there and I have to do them.
The first day after he left, I was getting the kids breakfast and the milk was almost gone. Emily was kind enough to point out that I'm not strong enough to open the new milk by myself and asked if we were just going to have to not have milk until Dad got home. It was rough, but fortunately I prevailed and opened the milk myself. (Curse Wal-mart and their new evil milk lids.)
I still had support though, even from a distance. We texted almost constantly. It's a good thing we're not paying per text anymore or we would have been in trouble.I had support closer to home too from my parents! They had us over for dinner several times. (Which saved my life because dinner and bed time were the worst part of the whole thing.) They also took my kids went I got hit with the stomach flu from hell.
We all lived through it and may even be a little better for it. I didn't even ruin any clothes doing the laundry by myself.
Saturday, August 10, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment