Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Dad

Father's Day passed us by this year without a blog post, but I do want it recorded that it was celebrated! We have a pretty awesome Dad around here and we wouldn't let the day pass by without recognizing him. We gave him cookies and a sign in the morning and then made ribs for him for dinner!



It also must be noted, that my husband is amazing. Our blankets have always bothered him. They travel from one corner to another, but we have a lot of them and they seem to always be in the way. A few weeks ago he started sketching plans for a blanket box. I must admit, I didn't think he would actually make it anytime soon. That weekend, supplies were bought, tools borrowed and a box made. It was his first time doing anything like that and I love how it turned out!




We still have to finish it. I think we are leaning towards putting a protective coating on it that won't change the color. And then of course there is the lid. Maybe something upholstered so I can sit on it? We shall see.

No comments: