Here are some recent quotes from Emily. Seriously, how would you respond? I am very open to suggestions.
"Mom, I miss Jesus. I want to go back to live with him now."
"Would Grandma miss me if I went back to live with Jesus?"
"When I go live with Jesus, I get to take my body with me, right?" (I have explained the resurrection many times and it just doesn't sink in.)
I'm glad she's learning so much and wants to see Jesus, but she doesn't seem to associate any of it with death.
And on a lighter note, she's also said:
"Good Beckstead's don't drink coffee, only bad Beckstead's drink coffee."
"I just ate a dinosaur and it smells like poo."
"My throat hurts. Ahhhh! This is making my day so complicated!"
Thursday, June 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Wow! Kids are so amazing and funny! I would probably say something like, "You can see Jesus again someday, but he wants you to be here on Earth right now to do His work and be a good person. Whenever you miss him, you can pray and he will feel close to you." But really, it can be hard to know what to say! I teach Sunbeams and I am sometimes tongue-tied about knowing how to respond to their questions.
Post a Comment