Sunday, February 26, 2012

Sickness

I am beginning to wonder if other people get as sick as my kids and I don't notice, or if I am just that terrible of a mother. Am I missing something? Does my house need to be cleaner (yes, it does, but is there something I am overlooking that is making my kids sick)? Do they need to be eating better? I swear, they are sick all the time!

Alright, so this year hasn't been nearly as bad as last year. Most of the sickness that has gone on this year has been me, not them. It is just starting to feel like someone is always having some kind of health problem.

Eddie is currently the sick one. The poor kid has had a fever (off and on) and a cough since Wednesday (5 days ago). He is so tired and just doesn't want to do anything. He won't eat anything, doesn't want to move, he just wants to be held all day. I wish I knew what to do for him. I wish I knew what was wrong with him. Grrrrr. I wish I could just sit around and hold him all day. (Speaking of having a clean house, you can definitely tell that I have been just sitting around with him as much as possible.)

Unfortunately, I have already taken more sick days from work than I'm supposed to this year. Jacob's hours keep getting cut and he often gets sent home early, so for him to call in sick just makes his paychecks that much worse. It makes taking care of sick kids that much harder. Fortunately, my brother Chris has saved us this week and spent a couple days watching him.

Also, my foot is again randomly injured with no reason. This happened a few months ago. I ended up going to physical therapy for a few weeks, but kind of just stopped going when my morning sickness kicked in. I now have similar pains in a different spot on the same foot. If it keeps getting worse, I'm not going to be able to walk before long. I do not have time for this.

Sorry, there is my rant for today.

1 comment:

Jessica Biscuit said...

Dearest Clarissa,

I'm not sure how this is going to come across but I felt I just had to say thank you for posting this.

Lately, I've just been so drained going on from day to day and everyone else's lives seemed so perfect. I'm just glad to know that everyone's lives are not perfect I guess.

Yeah...that totally came across as "haha your life sucks" didn't it? BAH!

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time. :( I wish I could be there to help.