Yes, I do have a problem with blogging. I enjoy doing it, but it is just one more thing that I don't have time for. I feel like I don't have time for anything anymore. It's kind of lame. I swear my students have been eating straight sugar for lunch since Christmas Break. They are so hyper that I come home exhausted every day. Saturdays are then consumed with doing all the housework that I've been ignoring during the week. (Along with taking as long of a nap as possible.) It doesn't help that I do not sleep well when I'm pregnant. I have strange dreams when I'm not pregnant and gets even worse when I am. So even when I am asleep, it doesn't feel very restful.
Anyway, on to some random thoughts about my kids. Remember when the Pillow Pets commercials first came on tv and we all thought they looked like the stupidest toys? Apparently my kids do not feel that way. They sleep with them every night and play with them all day. They are even good for riding.
Also, I love that my kids love clothes and have so much cute clothing to choose from. I particularly love Sundays. Eddie now refuses to wear anything that doesn't make him look like Daddy. I had a hard time convincing him to wear the vest, because Daddy doesn't wear vests and I am still working on the bow-tie. But aren't they so cute?
Emily and Edward are amazing. They are complete opposites and it cracks me up. Emily is a perfectionist. She will not do anything until she knows that she can do it right. She's been this way since she was born. She never crawled and didn't walk until she could do it right. Eddie on the other hand, is going to do what he wants, whether he actually knows how to do it or not. As a result, they are probably going to learn the alphabet at the same time. Emily dislikes the alphabet because she can't remember all of it, so she refuses to try. Edward says what he knows over and over and over again.
I realized a little while ago that I have never posted much about Edward learning to talk and at this point it would take me all day to try to list the words he can say. If he wants to say something, he tries over and over again until he gets it right. And he wants you to stand there and repeat it back to him each time he tries. It's pretty cute. He is starting into some basic sentences, most of them starting with "Wanna". I think his current favorite sentence is "Wanna watch sheep" (He wants to watch Shaun the Sheep). My favorite is "Wanna sleep". Some days I think he is a 2 year old teenager. I have had to wake him up several times recently to get to church or the babysitter's. Whenever I wake him up, he says, "No Mom, wanna sleep!" After which, he rolls over and plants his face in the pillow.
Every night when he goes to bed, he makes sure he has doggy (his Pillow Pet, and don't call it a puppy, it's a doggy) and his beep (blanket) and some stuffed animal, which changes nightly. Sometimes he wants his stuffed trains and other days he wants bears. A few nights ago, Jacob was putting him to bed and he kept saying 'bear', so Jacob gave him a bear. He did not stop, but continued to say "want bear, want bear". Jacob couldn't figure out what he wanted and was about to leave when Edward said, "Dad, want bear on floor!" Sure enough, there was a bear on the floor. The boy knows what he wants and he is good at getting it!
My kids sure are cute and I can't wait for summer to get here so that I can spend some more time with them!
Saturday, February 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment