Eddie's birthday was a while ago, but I am just having time to post about it. I can't believe that he's already 2. He still feels like my baby, even though I know he's not.
He got to celebrate his birthday twice, which he was definitely not opposed to. We were in Henderson visiting Jacob's family on his actual birthday. We went out to Applebee's (waited a ridiculously long time to get food) and he ordered his favorite chicken. He loves chicken strips. They also sang happy birthday to him and the look an his face was adorable. He was so excited about it. I wish I had remembered to take my camera.
After dinner, we went to Jacob's sister Amelia's house, which she had decked out in Thomas the train supplies from party city. He was again in heaven. He is just a little obsessed with trains. Grandma even gave him some more of the Sodor trains, including the Edward and Emily trains. Just in case you were wondering, he can name all the trains from Thomas (All the main ones). He also got a remote control Geotrax train from Amelia, Darren and Tyler and has been loving that. He especially loves standing over the track and having the train go between his legs.
(Sorry about the lighting, there was a window right behind him)
When we got home, we had another birthday party for him at my parent's house. I decided to be crafty and to attempt making a train cake. For someone who is completely uncrafty, I don't think it turned out too bad. I will be eternally grateful to my friend Elizabeth for letting me use her mold, or it would certainly have ended in complete disaster.
We also used the party as an excuse for my dad to try out the new smoker he got for Christmas. Smoked turkey was a huge success, I don't know why we've been eating it any other way.
He again got another exciting round of birthday presents and discovered that a ball will not bounce while still in it's packaging. Grandma and Grandpa got him a new ball (which he has been playing with any time he isn't playing with trains) and Jacob and I got him a pick-up truck. It's pretty awesome.
I still can't believe my boy is so grown up. He went to the doctor for his two year check up this last week and the doctor told us what we already knew, he is so smart and he's quite the little tank. He is the exact opposite build from his sister. His weight is at the 40th percentile (about where her height always is) and his height is at the 5th (her weight). So, she's tall and skinny and he's short and round. It's ok, he's pretty darn cute that way! The doctor said that he should know 250 words by his 3rd birthday, but I'm fairly certain that if he doesn't know 250 words right now, he will within the next month. That boy is talking our ears off. Most of it is one word at a time, but he can say pretty much any word he wants to.
Happy Birthday Sweet Edward!
Saturday, January 14, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
He is a cutie, that's for sure!
Post a Comment