Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry Christmas

As always, it has been a crazy, but wonderful, holiday season. I have to say that with me working until last Wednesday, it does not feel like Christmas should be over already. I was just starting to actually get into the holiday spirit! Since my last post, I am feeling much better. I was on the Zofran pump for about a month before I got to pack it in a box, send it away, and throw all the leftover needles in the garbage (my favorite part). I have had occasional moments of nausea since, but nothing terrible. Last Friday we had an ultrasound and found out that we are getting another boy! Another very wiggly boy. He was moving around tons during the ultrasound! We are very excited and are almost positive on his name, but are still thinking it over.

We spent Christmas Eve with my family, eating all our traditional foods, plus a few very tasty additions. For the first time eve, I totally failed at boiling eggs, so my deviled eggs got trashed and replaced with a quickly made batch of spinach and artichoke dip. Not a bad replacement at all.

On Christmas morning, Eddie coughed himself awake at 5 am. He was not very happy that he had to wait for his sister to go open presents. He sort of watched a couple of Christmas shows in our room, while he waited very impatiently for her to wake up. Finally, at 6, we let him go wake her up. She woke up coughing and sniffling as well.



After a little exploring, they got to open presents. They both loved their 'snuggle pets' that Emily has been asking for for about 2 months now and their art sets.





They also each got one big present, that took up Dad's whole day, trying to put them together.



Today has been a fun day of playing with everything Santa brought. We have played Memory, painted, stamped, played
lots of trains and eaten lots of plastic meals.


Eddie has been cracking me up all day with his trains. Up until yesterday, he had 3 trains: Thomas, Percy and the caboose (which he calls a boose). Thomas is a little chunkier than the other trains and doesn't fit through the mountain tunnel on his new set. We tried convincing him to just play with his new trains on the table and not Thomas. That was apparently a bad plan. He has hooked all the trains together and just takes the mountain off when he gets to it so that Thomas can get through.


Emily got a cupcake cookbook from Santa and has been using that to help in her plastic meal making. She is also trying very hard to decide which one she wants to make first, for real. Mom did not consider checking the recipes and making sure that we had all the ingredients to make at least one thing. I don't even have a cake mix. But she is happily planning for our next grocery shopping trip.


Jacob and I both had a wonderful Christmas as well. I got some very fun new shoes, lots of books and movies and a piano lamp (yay! I can see to play the piano!). Jacob got some fun games and movies and new clothes. Mostly, we just enjoyed the time together as a family, which does not happen often enough these days!



1 comment:

Jessica Biscuit said...

I think that's super cute that Emily got a real cookbook. I'm not obsessed with cooking or anything. =P

Sounds like you had a fun Christmas! :)