Monday, June 6, 2011

Little Miss Imagination

Emily's imagination just blows me away. I frequently don't even realize that she's imagining something because she incorporates it into everything she does! For example, she told me earlier today that I needed to go get my princess costume on. I told her, several times, that I don't have a princess costume and asked her what she wanted me to wear instead. It took me a while to realize that my princess costume was imaginary and sitting right next to me, apparently.

Today during lunch though, was one of the longest and funniest imaginings to date. Here's how it went:

Emily: Mom, I really want to go play outside, but I can't because it's raining.

Me: It's not raining sweetheart. It's really sunny and hot outside today. Look!

Emily: No Mom, it's raining really hard.

Me: Why don't you turn around and look out the back door?

Emily: (Looks) Yep, it's raining. It's going to ruin my chalk and if I go out there the wind will blow me away.

Me: (finally catching on) Oh really? I guess you'll have to think of something to do inside then.

Emily: No, I need an umbrella, Tootles will bring me one! Tootles! Tootles! (calling for him).
He's not coming because he's sad and his mom needs to come and talk to him (Emily's translation of time-out)

Me: Oh, I guess you'll have to wait a few minutes then.

Emily: (waits about 30 seconds) Tootles! Oh Tootles! I need a great big umbrella to keep me warm, Tootles! Mom, Tootles is still sad. I will go talk to him!

Emily: (After walking in the living room and talking to the stool for a few minutes) I got an umbrella Mom! Tootles is happy now so I got my umbrella and I can go outside in the rain and save my chalk!

And the final example, just so I can throw a picture in here: Emily and her egg shoes.



She is so adorable and is definitely making life fun and interesting!

No comments: