Last Saturday was my birthday. He had asked me several times what I wanted for my birthday and I kept telling him that I didn't need anything or that he should just give me the swimming suit that I had recently purchased for my birthday. Finally, he just asked if I would be mad if he did buy me something. I told him that I would not be mad if he got me something, but I would also not be disappointed if I didn't get anything.
So, here's what I got...
And...
Now you see why he should be dead meat? Here's why he's still living. One, this was a combined present from parents, my grandma, and Jacob. Also, it was half off. And the main reason is that I have always wanted this painting. I was counting on getting it for my 30 or 40th birthday, but I'm certainly not going to make him return it! I absolutely love it, even though it's hiding under our bed at the moment. Just knowing it's there makes me happy. (We don't exactly have a place to hang a picture of that size at the moment.)
Overall, it was a wonderful birthday! We went out to lunch at On The Border with the kids, my parents and Jacob fixed me a wonderful dinner of Zuppa Toscana and bread sticks, (all on Friday) and then on Saturday (my actual birthday)I got to watch conference and have a girls night out while the guys were at the Priesthood session. We went to the San Tan Mall and discovered an awesome accessory store called Charming Charlie. It was incredible. I will definitely have to go in there with a set budget because I want one of everything.
Now for a quick update on the kids:
Emily: Drama central. Holy cow. Every little thing is a huge deal for her! Yesterday we had a pretty hilarious incident. We were cleaning up our room and found a very small Barbie ice cream cone in the closet. I gave it to Emily and asked her to go put it away. A few minutes later we heard hysterical screaming coming from the toy room. I rushed in and picked her up. It took me a few minutes, but I finally distinguished the words "ice cream gone" and "get it out mommy", as she's lifting up her shirt and pointing to her stomach. Yes, she had swallowed the toy. She finally calmed down enough to tell me she wanted to go to the bathroom. I put her up on the toilet and she watched expectantly for the toy to come out. I had to explain that it wasn't going to work. We did everything we could to distract her, but every few minutes she would burst into tears again. It may not sound funny, but it really was.
Edward: I swear the boy is going to be walking within the month. He can climb the bottom step of the stairs and pulls himself up on anything and everything.
2 comments:
Wow, you do have an indulgent husband! I love that painting, too, very good taste :) I can't believe how big Eddie is getting. You guys just left, how is it possible he has changed so much already???
What an awesome gift! Doesn't it make you so happy in the choice you made for a hubby?? :)
Post a Comment