For those who don't know, here's what this certification has entailed. Jacob was already an EMT in the state of Utah, however that does not transfer. When we got here he enrolled in a refresher course that was all day, Saturday and Sunday for two weekends. He then had to pass a practical test and a written test. That completed his state certification, but Arizona requires their EMT's to be nationally certified as well. So, he had to pass a national test. Once that was done we sent his paperwork to state and miraculously, we got his certification card the next day! I'm so proud of him for passing all his tests and becoming certified!
And this was all done just in the nick of time, we've needed an EMT around the house this week! (I'm sort of kidding, he could have handled our injuries anyway.)
The first injury was Saturday night. Jacob was trying to slice apples and sliced his finger instead. It bled for an hour and a half and we ended up going to the emergency room. The doctor said he could do stitches or he could probably get away with taping it back together. Jacob chose the tape.
Emily and I injured ourselves making a very cute headband, which Emily snapped in half a few hours after it was done. It was cute while it lasted.
Emily definitely got the worst of the injuries, brushing her hand across the hot glue gun. This is what it looks like two days later. (I know this is a terrible picture, she doesn't like not having a bandaid on it, so she wouldn't hold still for long.)
Mine was a small blister and it's already gone.
Edward's news is that he has a yeast infection. Not exactly an injury, but he's in pain none the less. We went to the doctor today and got him some ointment to take care of it. The doctor also said that he needs to spend lots of time with his diaper off. I've never seen a baby so unhappy about being naked. Apparently that makes it worse.
And the latest, Emily just banged her head on the corner of the post at the bottom of the staircase. I have never seen that much blood from one tiny cut. I knew head injuries bled a lot, but holy cow. Fortunately, Jacob took good care of her, got the bleeding stopped and she is all bandaged and in bed. She has a good sized dent in her head, which I'm sure will be a good sized bump in the morning.
Here's hoping that we've had our share of injuries and illnesses for the week.
2 comments:
Wow. That is quite a week.
Better luck next week, I guess!
I think you've definitely filled your quota! (And probably a few other family's quotas too!) Congrats to the EMT in the house!
Post a Comment